TCT Student Internet Assistance Program Rules & Criteria
Applications open August 1, 2020
TCT is working with area school districts to offer an internet assistance program. This program is designed to help students access the broadband they need for education. The service will be filtered to restrict the content. Customers must meet the specified criteria and provide all documentation required. Applications may take up to 15 business days to process.
Click HERE to print application form. You may not apply online.
We will also require a W-9 form, which you may access by clicking HERE.
If you cannot print these forms you may request paper copies by contacting Angie at 620.767.9014 or firstname.lastname@example.org or you may go to a TCT Solutions Center to get them.
Please send completed forms and all required documentation to:
PO Box 299
Council Grove, KS 66846
What is included
25Mbps for $25 – Filtered Internet Access (filtered categories will prevent access to many sites, such as social media, video streaming, and mature and inappropriate content)
Basic Installation – Includes ONT, battery back-up unit, basic wiring (for example: house wrap and simple run to router meet point, does not include fishing of walls, attics, basements, cellars, or crawlspaces, etc.; additional charges for these services will apply). Customer must provide a weatherproof area and power source for battery back-up unit at their own expense.
Equipment – Basic router (does not include Wi-Fi Max; customers are required to use router provided by TCT or risk termination of service).
Service is only offered during months of the official school year.
Households must meet the following criteria to qualify for the program
Student’s primary residence must be physically located within TCT certificated service area (service will be provided at this address).
Documentation from the school confirming student is enrolled in K-12 classes in one of the following school districts: USD 397, USD 408, USD 417, USD 435, USD 473, USD 481 or USD 487, or proof of homeschooling authorized by the school, school district or the state.
Additional Documentation required to participate – (one or more of the following documents)
THE SCHOOL CANNOT PROVIDE THIS DOCUMENTATION TO TCT, A PARENT OR GUARDIAN MUST PROVIDE THIS DOCUMENTAION
- The most recent letter confirming your child is receiving Free or Reduced Lunch through the National School Lunch Program (NSLP) for current school year (This can serve as proof of school enrollment and Government Assistance Program participation)
- Community Eligibility Provision (CEP) letter from a school official on school letterhead that has your child’s name for current school year
- Proof of homeschooling authorized by the school, school district or the state
- Proof of residency in Public Housing (including Section 8, Multi-family units, and Public Housing Authorities)
- Proof of enrollment in Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Proof of enrollment in Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
To prevent delays in processing your application, please make sure the documentation you provide has the following information correctly stated:
Full name of Parent/Guardian
Address matching your service address
Full name of child
Name of the school child who will be attending in the current school year
You will be asked to fill out a W9 and CPNI Form.